SAMMinistries has developed a Homeless Prevention Program to provide hope to families and individuals by preventing them from entering homelessness. SAMMinistries Homeless Prevention Services Program provides rental assistance, utility assistance and supportive services to enable individuals and families who are in imminent danger of eviction, or are currently homeless. SAMMinistries works with the homeless by cutting the amount of time a family experiences homelessness and rapidly re-housing families into permanent homes.
Supportive services must directly relate to the prevention of homelessness and rapid re-housing. These services are provided in an effort to stabilize families in their existing homes, shorten the amount of time that individuals and families stay in shelters, and assist individuals and families with securing affordable housing. The households must document a temporary economic crisis beyond their control, by giving evidence of at least one of the following conditions:
- loss of employment;
- medical disability or emergency;
- loss or delay of some form of public benefit;
- natural disaster;
- substantial change in household composition
- victimization by criminal activity;
- illegal action by landlord;
- displaced by government or private action;
- any other condition which constitutes a hardship comparable to the other condition enumerated above.